Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Only one Mac isn't an AS machine on Sonoma - that is a 27" 2016 iMac on Monterey. Rest are new-ish MBPs and a mini - or so old they are not in the equation at all!

Have only just started to need to consider screen sharing. And specifically screen sharing of the Monterey machine to any running Sonoma, and of any running Sonoma to the Monterey machine.

[I've used Microsoft Remote Desktop for what seems like forever - both within the Microsoft world and from Macs to the last remaining Windows box. So very familiar at that level. And, recently, between an MBP and a mini. Works very nicely for my purposes.]

First, does Mac screen sharing work both ways round? Sonoma to Monterey and Monterey to Sonoma?

Second, are there any unexpected issues?

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I hope i'm on track with your question.....
My MacBook Air 2010 Snow Leopard screen shares with both Mac Mini Monterey and MBAm1 Sonoma.
I never witnessed an OS denying another while screen sharing.

Reactions: polyphenol

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
I hope i'm on track with your question.....
My MacBook Air 2010 Snow Leopard screen shares with both Mac Mini Monterey and MBAm1 Sonoma.
I never witnessed an OS denying another while screen sharing.
Thanks - that is very much the sort of reassurance I was hoping for.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Thanks - that is very much the sort of reassurance I was hoping for.
nice, just make sure the name of the other MacBook is the exact
I have several (4) Mac that have different names, and that gets confusing when I forget.

also i m glad i don not hafta include proof, a photo of this screen sharing today!

Reactions: polyphenol
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.