Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
UK
Hi,
I am looking for anyone who got Scosche passPORT Car Charging Adapter connected to iPod integration kit in the car (obviously!). I got very similar device in use at this moment, which charging my iPhone 3G and play music but not allowing me watch any videos not mention transferring sound during phone call conversation.
However in Apple store they describe it "...you'll now be able to listen to your favourite tunes or watch movies in-car - simply attach the Scosche passPORT to your dock connector, plug in and you're ready to go."
So I wonder if this adapter will change my situation?
Can someone confirm that you can watch and hear movies from iPhone and hear someone talking to you on the phone once connected via Scosche passPORT ?

Thanks

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Depends a lot on the car radio you are trying to hook it up to. This does not even charge the phone with all radios, like the Pioneer ones.

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
UK
Depends a lot on the car radio you are trying to hook it up to. This does not even charge the phone with all radios, like the Pioneer ones.

Sorry, never realized that. I got Mercedes B-class and thats standard radio there (not Command).
Thanks

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I have a 2008 Mercedes with factory iPod integration kit that charged my 2G iPhone perfectly but not my 3GS. I just bought the Scosche passPORT and it certainly seems to be charging the 3GS. Everything also seems to be working just as it did with my 2G...I also have the Audio20 and not the upgraded MM...

Im very happy with the Scosche as I was fearful I was going to have to pay Mercedes for the upgraded cable and installation ($250)...
Instead I just paid $24 for the Scosche and it seems to do the job...

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
UK
I have a 2008 Mercedes with factory iPod integration kit that charged my 2G iPhone perfectly but not my 3GS. I just bought the Scosche passPORT and it certainly seems to be charging the 3GS. Everything also seems to be working just as it did with my 2G...I also have the Audio20 and not the upgraded MM...

Im very happy with the Scosche as I was fearful I was going to have to pay Mercedes for the upgraded cable and installation ($250)...
Instead I just paid $24 for the Scosche and it seems to do the job...

Can you tell me if you are able to watch video throughout iPod section of iPhone and what about phoning itself, can you hear someone speaking to you on speakers when receiving call? Did you have the same experience with 2G as well?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.