Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pattman247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Toronto
if my harddrive fails three times in one year, so it crashed once and got it replaced, second vibrates the entire computer and is entitled for a replacement, and a whole nother issue somewhere along the line, do I have the right to request a new macbook? or are hds seperate from these laws?

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
no on the fourth time, it this happens again on the FOURTH time its automatic replacement, the unit is defective and considered a write of.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
try to make it fail, have all your stuff backed up, and kinda shake the computer, mostly the needle will start to slip, or just keep leaving it on and hot, sooner or later you will get a new one :)

pattman247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Toronto
wait, so the harddrive has to break two more times for me to get a replacement macbook? that kinda blows. I dont think people would tolerate losing their files four times with one computer, seems like a huge hassle if you have important information stored on it. Are the geniuses at the Apple Store easily negotiable? Since if your dvd drive breaks four times you didn't lose ur information, just time away from the computer :S. Im gonna get to the bottom of this :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.