Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
I used a .mac account for the past few years to host my site and for my e-mail address, but I have now moved on to hosting my own site, with my own email.

I wish to discontinue my mobile me service but am concerned about changing all of my contact info, subscriptions, etc from my .mac address to my new address.

When I cancel the service, is there any way to keep my current .mac email address alive, so that em-mails can automatically be bounced to my new address?

Thanks!

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
No you can't which is a pain I know. Personally I don't use my mac / me email address (i have used a few aliases for temporary things) I like me for the other things that it does but I have my own domain for email. That way I control it.

You might be better off, telling as many contacts as you can that your email address has changed and then not cancel your .me subscription for a certain length of time so that you can get any emails from contacts that you can't update :) It is more expensive, but lets say that you keep it for an extra year just so that you can catch and inform any people you can't tell your new email address to. After a year if they haven't contacted you chances are they won't.

Just a thought. :)

techpr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
San Juan, PR
I used a .mac account for the past few years to host my site and for my e-mail address, but I have now moved on to hosting my own site, with my own email.

I wish to discontinue my mobile me service but am concerned about changing all of my contact info, subscriptions, etc from my .mac address to my new address.

When I cancel the service, is there any way to keep my current .mac email address alive, so that em-mails can automatically be bounced to my new address?

Thanks!

No, your email will be disabled and on-hold until your activate (pay) again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.