Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
I was not planning on activating the cellular functionality but figured why not. Now it seems like AT&T does not know how to handle. I bought the extra line for it and did go through activating, but it didn't show up after a day. Then I chatted with someone and tried to activate it again, then throughout that process my SIM card was disconnected from my iPhone X. Got a new SIM card from store. Rep from store could not figure out why it was not activating either, even though on the watch it listed a plan and said it was not available... then I went to a different AT&T store today and the guy told me they are having problems activating S4 because of the eSIM inside... I called AT&T and they opened up a ticket based off the information I gave. The woman on the phone thinks its either my account (which is in good standing) or the AT&T app that is causing this issue, based on the notes they have of the error. This is really frustrating and reminds me of the debacle a lot of people were having with activations last year of the S3. Any advice?

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Sounds like you have been dealing with some awesome CSRs.

Actually this sounds exactly what my experience was last year.

What happened was the knowledgeable att rep knew exactly how to configure my Samsung watch. The on,y problem was I didn’t have a samsung watch. The csr told me they knew what they were doing.

3 calls later I got a woman that knew what to do. She ended up blowing up my line, I watched my phone go from service to no service back to service. Then she reconfigured number share proper and the watch was able to verify.

Hopefully Dave006 sees this thread and can throw you some advice.

Try changing the title to include ATT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.