Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Anyone else have this problem start after 10.3.2 / iTunes 12.6.1.25 (Windows 10)? Both my iPhone 7 Plus and 6S Plus started this nonsense after those upgrades. I tried the usual quick solutions: restart phone / restart PC / different cable / airplane mode & low power mode & background app refresh off. I'm willing to delete the current backup but not willing to Restore as New.
TIA

Kantry123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2016
Anyone else have this problem start after 10.3.2 / iTunes 12.6.1.25 (Windows 10)? Both my iPhone 7 Plus and 6S Plus started this nonsense after those upgrades. I tried the usual quick solutions: restart phone / restart PC / different cable / airplane mode & low power mode & background app refresh off. I'm willing to delete the current backup but not willing to Restore as New.
TIA
Try backing up using iCloud and then restore ur phone as new and restore iCloud backup...that should fix ur issue

BobCowe

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2018
I was also suffering from this problem on m,y iPad Pro. Backup failed as iPad disconnected...
After having tried all the suggestions, I stumbled on this post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8020128
which suggests deleting any apps taking up more than 3Gb.
For some reason I had Minecraft installed with 4.15Gb. Deleted it, and the problem was fixed immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.