Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSquirrelu

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
I have tried the usual methods of disabling csrutil in terminal at the boot screen utilities, can change all the other icons just not Calender. I can't paste the new icons into the folder.

Has anyone else had the same issue or have a workaround please?

Darkcrow25

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2015
I have tried the usual methods of disabling csrutil in terminal at the boot screen utilities, can change all the other icons just not Calender. I can't paste the new icons into the folder.

Has anyone else had the same issue or have a workaround please?

You need to change from the "Show Package Contents" right click on Calendar icon and go to Resources and change the .icns (App-empty and App) also change the App-empty in the Calendar.docktileplugin file.

Good luck

Reactions: ossiemayon

joyneop

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2017
Internet
You need to change from the "Show Package Contents" right click on Calendar icon and go to Resources and change the .icns (App-empty and App) also change the App-empty in the Calendar.docktileplugin file.

Good luck

This helped me, too. Thank you!

Now I'm faced with another problem. I need to modify the position where the app overlays month and date over the empty icon, but how can I?

Do you have any idea of this?

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
What app do you use to modify these icons?
All apps I have only change the first item of the icns-set. Photoshop doesn't even recognise the file.

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Sorry guys, I've noticed that you only need one icon rather than a icons-set.
Thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.