Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
I tried to compress a folder containing some pictures, but I get this error message: "The content list cannot be created for compressing." I have Unarchiver (downloaded from App Store).

The exact same folder was compressed successfully on my MBP with 10.6.8.

What could be wrong?

Furthermore, I tried to create a folder on Google Drive (on Safari), but an error occurred. It would not let me create a folder at al...

Could these issues be related?

Thanks in advance.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
The app doesn't have compressing functionality. I only mentioned it because when I get the error message, there is little Unarchiver icon next to the message, which probably means the app is somehow preventing the compression...

I also have Unarchiver on my MBP, and the folder was compressed successfully. Then I deleted, and reinstalled Unarchiver on my imac. Still doesn't compress any folders or files....

Sorry for the confusion.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It sounds to me like you associated one or more compressed archive formats with The Unarchiver. By deleting the utility, you broke the association and restored normal behavior. However, your issue was not caused by The Unarchiver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.