Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fraserh02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Since updating to IOS 11 I am no longer able to install apps or download app updates. It doesn’t work on either wifi or mobile data.

The only way I can see to install apps is through iTunes on my Mac which isn’t very efficient.

Is anyone else getting this problem or has any fixes?

I have tried different App Store accounts as well with no luck. When clicking install or update it just shows as if it’s loading, then eventually stops and gives the install or update option again.

Also whilst loading the apps on the homscreen do not change to their updating icons either.

Help would be great, thanks!

youinc

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2016
I encountered the same problem when I use my iPhone 5S along with dramatic drop of battery when updating. At last, I went to Genius Bar and reinstalled the iOS, problem solved.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I haven't had a single problem on my Air2 with updating apps. Just updated 10+ right now. Microsoft keeps releasing office updates. Have updated office like 4 times in the last week.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Lots of Apple Services are broken on iOS 11, unless you do a clean install (YMMV even then). I'd wait for public beta or final release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.