Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EspenA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Hi - I have a paid membership on developer.apple.com, but for some reason cannot find a way to install the new iOS 13 beta profile. Am I doing something wrong …? This is what the page looks like when I open it on Safari …? o_O (there's no download/install button)

EDIT: No OTA update...right. Problem solved. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4121.PNG
    IMG_4121.PNG
    778.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark

Yeah. I don't know if it's actually officially why, but the speculation is that Apple wanted to make it harder for non-developers to get the beta, since it's more buggy than usual this time around. For the same reason I'd advice against putting it on a daily driver, and only keeping it on a dedicated test device. Most people strangely report it being more stable on iPad.
BTW; I can highly recommend playing around with SwiftUI. That's one damn awesome UI framework. It made me all giggly playing with it.

Reactions: iGeneo

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Hi - I have a paid membership on developer.apple.com, but for some reason cannot find a way to install the new iOS 13 beta profile. Am I doing something wrong …? This is what the page looks like when I open it on Safari …? o_O (there's no download/install button)

Correct there is no OTA and won't be until public beta

To download and install you either need to:

On macOS Mojave:

Install Xcode 11 Beta
Obtain the mobiledevice.pkg from Xcode 11 beta and install that.
Install with the .ipsw via iTunes

Or install macOS Catalina Beta & install with the .ipsw via Finder sidebar.

FWIW I have it on my daily driver (XS Max). A few bugs as expected but certainly not the worst Beta 1 they've released.

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk
I couldn’t update the beat as my 2011 Mac is too old. I used an even older PC and an app called 3UTools.

Have the beta on my iPad and X. It’s really not bad at all, and as a B1, quite brilliant; no issues with battery, heat, Bluetooth in car etc.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Correct there is no OTA and won't be until public beta

To download and install you either need to:

On macOS Mojave:

Install Xcode 11 Beta OR
Obtain the mobiledevice.pkg from Xcode 11 beta and install that. (If you install xCode 11 beta, mobiledevice.pkg comes with it; you only need to install mobiledevice.pkg separately if you don't install xCode)
Install with the .ipsw via iTunes

Or install macOS Catalina Beta & install with the .ipsw via Finder sidebar.

FWIW I have it on my daily driver (XS Max). A few bugs as expected but certainly not the worst Beta 1 they've released.
One correction to the process you gave above (in red)
[doublepost=1560433953][/doublepost]Got on the TestFlight beta of Reality Composer. Will play with that and report out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.