Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kylehenriques

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
I am working on my iMac A1312 (I know this fell under the recall however my machine was not under warranty). Since I work on PC's all of the time, I figured I could tackle my Mac. First off, what I did do was upgrade my graphics card to 1gb and my hard drive to 1.5tb (I know, overkill). So I go and try to reinstall Mountain Lion. After everything is all said and done, I still get the Apple logo with the loading wheel underneath it.

I tried safe boot and as I was holding shift, I got a mix of blinking symbols.. Apple, Folder, and a symbol as if it was a Do Not Smoke sign without the cigarette. Once I let go of the shift button, it went to a solid Apple logo, with the loading wheel underneath it again.

I then tried the verbose start up. I got a bunch of text but then I noticed it said:

disk1s2: I/O error

disk1s2: 0x5 (UNDEFINED)

and then it goes with the undefined for several after, and then just continues to do that.

I went back to disk utilities and verified and repaired the drive, and it was fine.

I am beyond confused on what to do or what I can do now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kyle

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.