Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I just downloaded to the ipad 3 the new "apple store for IPAD" app. (12/26/13 ) When I click on my app store icon, a window to open the new apple store comes up and I cannot get to the apps to purchase, update, etc. because I cannot exit this apple store window to get to the page (app store) below. So if I press 'open' on this Apple store window to open the new apple store, photos of products for ipad, etc. pop up but nothing on the menu to get to the apps.

It seems I can no longer get to apps. I am sure there is some hidden way to get from the apple store with its photos of ipads, iphones, iThis and iThat to the apps store but I cannot figure it out.

appreciate any help on this. this is terribly confusing.

jcorvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Hi:

The app store for IPAD, is not a separate icon on the desktop. The way I open it is to click on the app store icon and then when I do that, the ipad apple store opens a window on top of the app store screen . This window cannot be closed. The only thing one can do is press "open" on that window to open the apple store (with the photos of apple products, etc.). I do not know how to close it except pressing the button on the bottom of the ipad to go back to the desktop. There are no buttons on the app store to do so. There is only the "open" button and below that "details, reviews, related) buttons.

If I press "open" on the apple store, an ipad air photo appears. On the top menu are items to shop Ipad: minis, accessories, etc. On the right hand side of this is a magnifying glass , a symbol that pulls up my account(which has nothing in it --no info at all because I am not using this), and a cart to buy things.

I cannot access the app store for the reasons I mentioned.

In addition, I have 2 other apple store icons (real icons) that I just noticed on my desktop.

One says it is an ipod store and has a button to open up the apple store for ipad. The other is an ipad apple store icon (separate from the app store) which opens up to this same ipad accessories, tablets, etc.

So, for some reason, this apple store got loaded also from within my app store when I went to the app store to update the apple store -- since there was an update indicated. This being apple and not android and not Microsoft, there is no way I can do anything about this I fear unless I know some hidden info that I could never find or if trek to an apple store and wait an hour and maybe get some help (or pay money to get help)

I am sorry to be so cynical but I have noticed that it is very hard for someone to have any control over what is going on on this device. All I did was go to updates to download this thing and now I seem to be stuck.

Again, any ideas greatly appreciated. Maybe deleting something. But again, I live in fear of that because from what I read, once deleted, icons loaded with Ipad are very difficult to recover.

Thanks.

----------

In addition, I wonder what will happen when updates to apps appear. since I cannot access the app store page, I may not be able to update any of my apps.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Can you screenshot what you are seeing in the App Store app? Press the home and power buttons at the same time while in the App Store to capture it, and then you can attach the image to a post. I suspect this is just confusing UI, or an app bug. This is not intentional behavior. It would help to see the screen to confirm which.

The Apple Store app is only for physical goods Apple sells. The App Store app is for apps. One does not replace the other.

jcorvan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
frozen apple store resolved.

Hi, thanks for the tip on copying the screen. I took a photo of the ipad problem with my android phone and then edited a smaller shot but could not paste it to the forum (so now I know what to do in the future).

I realized that the wording of my problem was confusing. The apple store window was frozen on top of the app store page but I did not use that word. I did a google on my pc and found other "frozen" incidents with the suggestion to reboot. So I checked on how to reboot the ipad and did so. As with android and windows, a reboot can solve many problems and this was one of them. So the frozen store window is gone and I can see my app page.

I am sorry that I could not describe this problem better to begin with, but I learned a couple new things about the ipad (screen shots and reboots) so I appreciate the help.

Thank you

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
I kinda suspected it was a bug in the app, but it wasn't entirely sure from your description. Glad it worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.