Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wetsignal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Hello all. I set up family sharing recently but cannot sign into my child's device using their login. We have an iPod touch that is basically theirs and I want to be able to control it using parental controls. Am I doing something wrong? When I try it says "Could not sign into iCloud." Error 34608.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Hello all. I set up family sharing recently but cannot sign into my child's device using their login. We have an iPod touch that is basically theirs and I want to be able to control it using parental controls. Am I doing something wrong? When I try it says "Could not sign into iCloud." Error 34608.
What generation of iPod touch is it? There may be an issue with the family sharing child account needing a certain version of iOS or later to login with.

wetsignal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
Hi! It's an iPod touch 6th generation running 12.5.5. I don't know what the problem is but I guess it's not a huge deal. Just wanted to take advantage of parental controls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.