Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg
IMG_0188.jpeg

So, I cannot make any in-app purchases on my Apple TV 4K. For most apps, this is not a problem because I can just install the same app on my phone, do the in-app purchase on the phone and then the same service is available on the Apple TV.

Now, unfortunately, I have found an app (YuppTV) whose Apple TV service in-app purchase is only available on the Apple TV and I am unable to use it. Has anyone seen this issue before?

PS: The first few messages may be different, but the final message “Coming Soon!” is common for all apps.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
I resetted the Apple TV and setup again from scratch, same result.

Also, the “Comint Soon!” Message appears in the store app, because if I minimise everything and go to the store app, this screen pops up till I back out.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Figured out. Basically, Apple TV doesn’t support any of the payment methods allowed in India - Netbanking and UPI (Debit and credit cards are not allowed to be used like this in India).

So I added the ₹159 amount in my apple account and the transaction then went through.
Very atypical for apple to show such an unhelpful error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.