Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adooleydesign

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
I have no idea if what I have been dealing with has anything to do with what you are talking about but I used to be able to swap music all over, now with El Capitan I can not access some of my music, that was purchased ON iTunes!, but I think that has to do with not being auth or some such BS. SMH sick of apples and propitiatory BS!

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
I have no idea if what I have been dealing with has anything to do with what you are talking about but I used to be able to swap music all over, now with El Capitan I can not access some of my music, that was purchased ON iTunes!, but I think that has to do with not being auth or some such BS. SMH sick of apples and propitiatory BS!
Yeah your sounds like some sort of authorisation issue. My issue is a bug.

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
So I've updated my library on my PC again and backed it up to a hard drive. I'm wanting to transfer it to my imac again. Does anyone know if this bug is still present in Ventura 13.3? Do I risk it?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
This time I used by backup drive to copy the Mac files to it in case it didn't work, but it seems to work in Ventura now
Did this bug ever affect you in Catalina/Big Sur or just Monterey? I have been unable to get my (originally) iTunes 8 library to work with any iteration of the Music app except Ventura which I have not tried. It refuses to work with my external drive that I keep it on, and it is too large for my internal.

My issue is slightly different but a variant on yours. Once the .itl is loaded the app stops and says "Saving Music Library..." and hangs, but I can see the beginnings of my track listing. I have to then force quit and attempting to re-open the app brings me to a blank library.

If this is fixed it would be a sigh of relief. I hate having to keep two computers on just to listen to my tunes. Before this was all seamless.

Smellmet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Goole, UK
Did this bug ever affect you in Catalina/Big Sur or just Monterey? I have been unable to get my (originally) iTunes 8 library to work with any iteration of the Music app except Ventura which I have not tried. It refuses to work with my external drive that I keep it on, and it is too large for my internal.

My issue is slightly different but a variant on yours. Once the .itl is loaded the app stops and says "Saving Music Library..." and hangs, but I can see the beginnings of my track listing. I have to then force quit and attempting to re-open the app brings me to a blank library.

If this is fixed it would be a sigh of relief. I hate having to keep two computers on just to listen to my tunes. Before this was all seamless.
I think it was just on Monterey where I had the issue, but yes your problem sounds related but slightly different

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.