Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night_Ink

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2020
Hey everyone-
I’m having an issue where I cannot move files from the top level iCloud drive folder into sub folders that I’ve made on iCloud Drive, on both my iPhone and iPad Pro 12.9”. The move button in the upper right hand corner is always grey. I can add new files to the top level folder only. I have plenty of space in iCloud, too. At least 25gb free.

This behavior started about a month ago, everything was working fine before that. I tried logging out of iCloud, uninstall/reinstall of Files app, and of course updating.

After the recent 14.5.1 update, I was able to move files around again for about a day, and then it went right back to not working.

The Files app works fine for files stored locally, “On My IPad”, the issue seems specific to iCloud and the Files app. Apple support can’t figure it out.

Anyone else have this issue, or any ideas? Obviously this is a super frustrating glitch that pretty much brings my workflow to a standstill
Thanks for your help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.