Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreenwells

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
I bought a new Apple Watch 8 and want to get the free 3months Fitness + but I cannot get my iPhone 13 nor my iPad to complete the purchase. It says the payment is declined but the card issuer says no problem with my card and no requests from Apple on their system. I have talked to Apple support 3 times now and set up a second bank card for payment in my phone. Apple say it is a known problem but weeks go by and I’ve updated ios several times and nothing changes. Does anyone else have this problem or is there a different way to ‘pay’ for the Fitness plus app without using the iPhone or iPad?

TheGreenwells

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
I bought a new Apple Watch 8 and want to get the free 3months Fitness + but I cannot get my iPhone 13 nor my iPad to complete the purchase. It says the payment is declined but the card issuer says no problem with my card and no requests from Apple on their system. I have talked to Apple support 3 times now and set up a second bank card for payment in my phone. Apple say it is a known problem but weeks go by and I’ve updated ios several times and nothing changes. Does anyone else have this problem or is there a different way to ‘pay’ for the Fitness plus app without using the iPhone or iPad?
After another call and more time with Apple Support it transpired that I needed to go into Manage Subscriptions and sign out and then sign in again with my Apple ID. That seemed to fix the problem and I’m now up and running.

Reactions: addamas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.