Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcodea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
A search I performed about three weeks ago now lives forever in my Ipad Mini's search box in the App Store, in either the "updates" or "purchased" tabs. I press the "x" on the right side of the search box, and it is deleted, but it will be back if I navigate away to a different "page" (Featured, Top Charts, etc) or open and close the app. I can delete letter by letter, same thing. I perform a different search, and it will be gone, until I navigate away and then it is back. I have powered off, killed the app store in the background, and nothing seems to remove this search from the search box. I am sick of looking at it and deleting it every time I want to perform a search. What is going on here?

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
Exactly the same issue here - iPad mini retina on 8.02 - the issue existed on 7.1.2 too I seem to remember.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Used to have this bug to, and I tried everything but couldn't fix it. Eventually it annoyed me so much that I had to reset my device. Bear in mind that restoring from backup might not fix it so only setting up as new seems to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.