Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MPriya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
I have a really weird problem with my iPhone 5S. (iOS 7.1)

1. When I am on a call, I am not able to pick up a second call that is on wait. I can see the second call, I can hear the beep sounds but as soon as I pick up, the call freezes in 00.00 time, and My first caller is still active, not on hold.

2. When I am on a call, I am not able to make a second call placing the first call on hold. The second call disconnects immediately with 3 beeps.

3. I am able to see the incoming calls on wait, when I am already on a call. I am able to hear the beeps coming in. SO it means the call waiting is on (Tried turning it on/off/on too.) But when I pick up the call, the above problem comes in.

What have I tried to solve this: (None of them helped)

1. I tried a hard reset of my iPhone (Holding Power and Home button)

2. I tried toggling the Call waiting button

3. I tried resetting network settings.

4. I called my Operator for assistance. I am using Airtel, India. They told me to dial this code - *43# . I tried it and it gave me this screen. But the problem is not solved yet.

0158f4cf257653e29dff911baf3f8ef4b093955967.jpg

Is there anybody here who is facing the same issue with your iPhone? I never had this problem with my iPhone 4.:confused::confused::confused:

GzyOnline

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
i'm on iPhone 5S iOS 7.1.2 jailbroken.. ever since 7.1.x (and the stupid, smaller, round buttons in the Phone.app) I've been having issues answering a 2nd call/call waiting.. although I can answer the cal, the screen will freeze and I can't do much else.. I don't know if this is a jailbreak issue or not, as I never really used my phone stock (jailbreak4life!).. but I don't see much online about this (yet..) :-/

edit: found the culprit! it's BMUIKit. I disabled this and my problems went away~YayyyyyY!!!!

Last edited:

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I've always had problems with call waiting on my iPhone 5 even running iOS 6. I always thought it was user error or a Verizon thing. Like a few days ago I tried to answer an incoming call and it didn't switch off of the call I was in. I ended both in frustration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.