Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hello,

Since a while now, I have not been able to receive photos over iMessages. As shown in the screenshot, I can send without an issue. However whenever I get an iMessage, I see the thumbnail in the notification, however when I open the thread and try to download the picture, it would just show as in the screenshot.

I have years of messages in my phone and don't want to restore as new. I have tried resetting all settings. Hard reset. Dfu restore and restoring from backup. However the issue persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Cheers :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 235

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
this happens when i am on my parents wifi too and i dont know why. sometimes it also just ends up being a "?" never figured out why.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
this happens when i am on my parents wifi too and i dont know why. sometimes it also just ends up being a "?" never figured out why.
So you are saying that it works fine on 3G? However on the same wifi, it works just fine on my iPad?

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hello Guys,

I tried restoring from icloud as well. Still No luck. Can anybody help me out please.

Dhrumil

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
I don't revive images. I guess it has nothing to do with SMS. Isn't that correct. And yes both devices are on iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.