Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clegray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Cedar, MI
I accessed my bookmarks when on Safari on my iPad running iOS 8.2. Now I cannot make it disappear. I rebooted the iPad, have tried everything I know to do. It is still there. It takes up 1/3 of the screen space on Safari. Any suggestions?

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
What Arnieaz said.
Download the free Apple iBook manual on the iPad. There ways to use features there that few know about.

Last edited:

clegray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Cedar, MI
Removing bookmark pane from Safari on iPad

Thanks for your help. I kept hitting the blue "book" in the bookmark pane - not the one next to the URL that I originally had hit to get to the bookmaks. I am quite sure that on iOS 7 or before, all I had to do was touch my safari window and the bookmark pane would disappear, and the Safari window would fill the screen. I have been using an iPad for 4 years and have never had such a problem. Again thank you!

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I hate this new so called "feature" so annoying, it does not go away automatically.

Paddypower99

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2015
I accessed my bookmarks when on Safari on my iPad running iOS 8.2. Now I cannot make it disappear. I rebooted the iPad, have tried everything I know to do. It is still there. It takes up 1/3 of the screen space on Safari. Any suggestions?
I have an Air 1 pad, iOS 8.2.
Similar problem, but the suggestions here do not work. The Safari Bookmarks pane shows on my screen, as I write this. There are 3 icons: bookmarks, eyeglasses, and the @ sign. When I click on the blue colored bookmarks icon, or hold my finger on it - nothing happens. Any advice, please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.