Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

becabelyzel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
My iphone 6s is jailbroken on ios 9.3.3 and after installing a tweak my phone resprung but the spinning wheel got stuck while turning and my phone wasn't turning off or on. So I reboot my phone pressing both home & power button and of course my phone had to be rejailbroken again. However, when I tried re-jailbreaking, it either didn't send the notification and just rebooted, or sent the notification but had the spinning wheel spinning for a long time (longer than normal) and when my phone turned back on the jailbreak still wasn't there. In shorter words, I am stuck with a jailbroken iphone whose jailbreak features are not working.

Realizing there wasn't any fix for this, I decided to update to ios 10 and wait for a new ios 10 jailbreak. I have tried everything recommended online so far, and I still can't update.
I have tried:
-updating OTA ("checking for updates" never loads)
-restoring iphone through itunes normally, in DFU mode, and Recovery mode (error 3194)
-shift click "check for updates" and add ios 10 IPSW file while iphone on normal mode, DFU mode and Recovery mode ("iphone could be updated" error)
-shift click "restore" and add ios 10 IPSW file while iphone is in normal mode, DFU mode, and Recovery mode (error 3194)
-changing the hosts file — there wasn't any gs.apple.com line in it and adding one didn't solve the problem — adding one resulted in same errors as above, except iphone was stuck in recovery mode, I had to use Reiboot software to get out of it
-I have tried downloading TinyUmbrella, but it doesn't open on my computer. I open it (as normal or as administrator) and it starts loading but disappears within 1 second and nothing happens after that. (I'm on Windows Vista)
-I also cannot use Cydia Eraser or anything like that to delete my jailbreak and update my phone because Cydia isn't opening since I cannot rejailbreak.

I cannot use a recovery software like PhoneRescue because I do not have the money to purchase a pro version, and one of the reasons why I jailbroke my phone was because I couldn't buy apps.
In case you're wondering, the tweak I tried to installwas Revelation, and while it may have killed my jailbreak, I don't think it's the reason why I cannot restore or update my phone.
Please help me if you have a solution on how to upgrade my iphone to ios 10 other than the ones I have already tried.

GrievingFob606

Suspended
Nov 15, 2016
My iphone 6s is jailbroken on ios 9.3.3 and after installing a tweak my phone resprung but the spinning wheel got stuck while turning and my phone wasn't turning off or on. So I reboot my phone pressing both home & power button and of course my phone had to be rejailbroken again. However, when I tried re-jailbreaking, it either didn't send the notification and just rebooted, or sent the notification but had the spinning wheel spinning for a long time (longer than normal) and when my phone turned back on the jailbreak still wasn't there. In shorter words, I am stuck with a jailbroken iphone whose jailbreak features are not working.

Realizing there wasn't any fix for this, I decided to update to ios 10 and wait for a new ios 10 jailbreak. I have tried everything recommended online so far, and I still can't update.
I have tried:
-updating OTA ("checking for updates" never loads)
-restoring iphone through itunes normally, in DFU mode, and Recovery mode (error 3194)
-shift click "check for updates" and add ios 10 IPSW file while iphone on normal mode, DFU mode and Recovery mode ("iphone could be updated" error)
-shift click "restore" and add ios 10 IPSW file while iphone is in normal mode, DFU mode, and Recovery mode (error 3194)
-changing the hosts file — there wasn't any gs.apple.com line in it and adding one didn't solve the problem — adding one resulted in same errors as above, except iphone was stuck in recovery mode, I had to use Reiboot software to get out of it
-I have tried downloading TinyUmbrella, but it doesn't open on my computer. I open it (as normal or as administrator) and it starts loading but disappears within 1 second and nothing happens after that. (I'm on Windows Vista)
-I also cannot use Cydia Eraser or anything like that to delete my jailbreak and update my phone because Cydia isn't opening since I cannot rejailbreak.

I cannot use a recovery software like PhoneRescue because I do not have the money to purchase a pro version, and one of the reasons why I jailbroke my phone was because I couldn't buy apps.
In case you're wondering, the tweak I tried to installwas Revelation, and while it may have killed my jailbreak, I don't think it's the reason why I cannot restore or update my phone.
Please help me if you have a solution on how to upgrade my iphone to ios 10 other than the ones I have already tried.

Did you backup your iPhone 6S using iTunes on PC before doing the restoration?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Try a different computer, preferably one that is reasonably current. Also try a different cable and a different USB port.

Use DFU mode and upgrade as new when trying this.

I recently updated my son's 4s to iOS 9.3.5 and had this happen, even in DFU mode. First off, the update servers did not like the fact that I was using iTunes under Snow Leopard on a 2006 MBP.

That meant resorting to my wife's ASUS laptop after updating iTunes to the latest. Then I got the error you report. Turns out the PC did not like my Apple USB cable!

I actually had to use a third party USB cable before I was successful. Go figure!

Reactions: Applejuiced

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Snip...

Bold:
So, a newbie comes along crying here for help after you jailbreak your iPhone to pirate software, nice man.:rolleyes:

I and many others would gladly help you if you left out the bolded part, not smart to include it your initial post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.