Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
i want to restore to 6.0.1 NOT 6.1.2. (Because i dont like music controls) and redsnow gets stuck and at Uploading iBSS and says "couldn't find recovery mode device" and i changed my host file and entered PWNed DFU mode and tried restoring in itunes and it spits out error 1601, and i cant find any fixes for? Please Help Me

Last edited:

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
Do you have SHSH blobs saved?

yes i thought that would be a given :eek:

----------

You got full blobs for 6.0.1 and create a custom ipsw with redsnow? Enter pwned dfu and then select the custom ipsw to restore to via iTunes?

thats the problem redsn0w tells me stichting is not available for the ipsw. although it may be the ipsw itself. redownloading 6.0.1 firmware

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
Weird.
I haven't attempted a custom 6.0.1 yet unless it wants you to restore to 6.0.1 using redsnow without iTunes at all. But that gives you an error?

Yes redsnow says could not find recovery mode device and iTunes spits error 1601, and they are basically the same thing because the phone goes into a unrecognizable dfu mode type state on both, I can get out of it by holding the home and sleep button though. This is really annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.