Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
I am ripping (was) my old CD collection to my Mac on "Music". In the past I could automatically rip an Opera or Show from multiple CDs and have them appear consecutively under one title (and artwork). This (no matter what import settings) no longer happens.
After multiple Apple advisor/senior advisors I have been told that the engineers are aware of the problem and it will be fixed. Timeframe unknown.
This happened about the time of the great remarking mess of moving from iTunes (perfectly functional music app) to 'Music' money making mess.
If you stream or use Apple costly music sources I suppose you will love it but to me all the functionality of the old app. has been removed and only the iCloud money maker is left.
Very unhappy with this Apple direction.
Is their a non iCloud App out there to use on my Mac mini to store existing music and ripping the rest of my CDs so that they can be sold to boost the credit card black hole.
I know there is hardware available now but I do not have the cash to buy yet another bit of kit, especially as what I have used to do the job perfectly until it was "improved"!
Any ideas appreciated.
Target - keep collection as is , rip remaining CDs and not pay for the privilege!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.