Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrk123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
This is not going welll!
I have tried everything.
I can not send mail and have lots of email clogged up in outbox.

How do I solve this??!

Iphone 13 pro.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
You really need to give us some information to go on. What you have said is of absolutely zero help.

What account are you sending from, what accounts are you sending to et cetera. What error messages are you getting? Have you reset/re-added the accounts? Have you restarted your phone? Which email app?

Reactions: dk001

mrk123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Hi.
My email in qustion is an outlook email... hotmail.com.... This is a nw problem. I am sending to various accounts from person@companyname.com to other hotmail accounts etc. All accounts I think.
The error pops up as soon as i pressed send "

The server rejected one of the recipients addresses....."​

I have delted and added the account again yes, not restarted phone yet tho?

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Hi.
My email in qustion is an outlook email... hotmail.com.... This is a nw problem. I am sending to various accounts from person@companyname.com to other hotmail accounts etc. All accounts I think.

Okay thanks for the extra information.

Have you tried logging into outlook.com and sending an email through there?

Edit: this isn't particularly clear, is your email address an outlook.com one? I.E. name@outlook.com?

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi.

This error is telling you that one of the email addresses you’re trying to send mail to is not valid. Verify that the recipients’ email addresses are correct. There is probably more detail in the error message than what you’ve shared here, and which would be useful in determining the actual problem. If you post that, with the actual email address redacted, people may be able to help you.

mrk123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
This error is telling you that one of the email addresses you’re trying to send mail to is not valid. Verify that the recipients’ email addresses are correct. There is probably more detail in the error message than what you’ve shared here, and which would be useful in determining the actual problem. If you post that, with the actual email address redacted, people may be able to help you.
I have emailed thse people many tims before, this error is new.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I don't have an IT department, ha, just me, not a business.

Please respond to my post asking what type of email address are you using? We really do need more information from you. If you want any help, you've got to be more forthcoming with what is going on.

Reactions: mrk123

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Ditto is OP email address @outlook.com/@hotmail.com/etc?

Also not clear: are you using Apple's Mail app or Outlook app? Other?

Did you change the password on your email account? If so, might need to update the password in the SMTP settings (some ISP/email services have two places the password needs to be changed on Apple products). For iOS Mail:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > theaccounthere > Account > SMTP > Primary Server

I don't use Outlook app so not sure what the process for updating account information in there is.

mrk123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Please respond to my post asking what type of email address are you using? We really do need more information from you. If you want any help, you've got to be more forthcoming with what is going on.

Ditto is OP email address @outlook.com/@hotmail.com/etc?

Also not clear: are you using Apple's Mail app or Outlook app? Other?

Did you change the password on your email account? If so, might need to update the password in the SMTP settings (some ISP/email services have two places the password needs to be changed on Apple products). For iOS Mail:

I don't use Outlook app so not sure what the process for updating account information in there is.
Thanks guys.
The pop up error

coms when I send a message from my @outlook/hotmail.com email address.
I looked in "outgoing" section and there were 8 emails cloggd up sat there.

I am using outlook app I am sure of it. As well the email address is outlook.
I have not changed the password no. I have also deleted the email acount and added again still same issue.

Right, when I go through this steps...
I get to "account" and thre is nothing about smtp??
When I click 'account'; only options are 'email', 'dscription' and 'advanced settings' and nothing in the last one.

BUT - RIGHT

I have just gone in my outbox, and i have been able to send emails now and they are not bouncing???

I wonder why it started to work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.