Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I signin with the correct details in the drop down box in the Mac App Store and it just doesn't work so I cannot update or download Apps. Hoping the next PB will be coming soon.

StormPath

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2019
It’s definitely changed my password. The utilities box in recovery mode has disappeared and worse won’t let me wipe to go back to factory settings

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I just tried to download the public beta and it says not available? I checked the apple discussions and same comments there for over a week or so ?

Are the beta's no longer available?

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
Anyone that can solve this issue before Apple does would be king for a day.

Apple's suggested workaround for "unable to update Apps" is to sign out and back in...but makes no mention of the well documented issue that if you sign out, you're fcked until beta 7, or 8, or...

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
1. open terminal
2. enter this command:
sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed && /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "clear dict" -c "add :SeedProgram string DeveloperSeed" "$3/Users/Shared/.SeedEnrollment.plist"
( quote marks are included in command and password will be required)
3. quit terminal
4. open software update and try again

Reactions: idck_cn

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
What does that have to do with being unable to login to the App Store.

LOL - You are right - not much :eek:

I was focused on the over all update of Catalina (and failure of beta's to update with the user profiles) and did not pay attention about the App store - separate issue.

That said maybe updating to the latest beta will fix the login issue too?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Anyone that can solve this issue before Apple does would be king for a day.

Apple's suggested workaround for "unable to update Apps" is to sign out and back in...but makes no mention of the well documented issue that if you sign out, you're fcked until beta 7, or 8, or...

I signed out of the App Store, and signed back in to update App Store apps...I took two tries, and it worked. I suspect the first attempt failed due to a spotty cell and wifi coverage in a hotel room.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.