Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Hi Folks,
For as long as I can remember, every year I trade in my current phone directly with apple just before the new ones are released. This year, it says that apple are not allowing trade in of the current models. They only allow trade in up to the 13 series phones.

Any reason why this is happening, and any work arounds ?

Many thanks in advance

Best,

Jeremy

hockeyfan81

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2014
Well until the 15's are announced next week, the 14's are the current models. So what are you trying to trade-in?

Reactions: skiltrip

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Well until the 15's are announced next week, the 14's are the current models. So what are you trying to trade-in?
Well normally I sell the current model back to apple before the new one comes out. That doesn't seem to be an option now. It was called Apple GiveBack program

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Yep, what everyone else has said...it'll be added once the 15 is announced. It has been that way for as long as I can remember.

iPhone 14 was announced on September 7th, 2022. Here's what the trade-in page looked like before the event...and after the event. (The 13 was added after the event.)

Same goes for the iPhone 13, which was announced on September 14th, 2021. Trade-ins before the event...and after the event. (The 12 was added after the event.)

I think you're just jumping the gun a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: iLOLWUT
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.