Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Hi!

I just did a clean install of OS X El Capitan (build 15A282a) and I am unable to turn on iPhone cellular calls in FaceTime settings.

The dialog says "FaceTime and iCloud must be signed in to the same Apple ID to use iPhone Cellular Calls."

All of my devices are on the same iCloud account, and I have both a phone number AND an email address registered to my Apple ID.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Do you have by any chance a iCloud and third-party email address associated with your Apple ID? If so, try signing in using the same email address as on on your iPhone. That might do the trick.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Do you have by any chance a iCloud and third-party email address associated with your Apple ID? If so, try signing in using the same email address as on on your iPhone. That might do the trick.

Thank you for telling me about this; it worked like a charm! It turns out I had my @me.com address in some places, and my @gmail.com address in others.

Once again, thank you SO much!

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Thank you for telling me about this; it worked like a charm! It turns out I had my @me.com address in some places, and my @gmail.com address in others.

Once again, thank you SO much!

No problem. I had experienced this myself back in yosemite when the feature debut. I'm still surprised that Apple hasn't changed this bug after a year...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.