Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunnyqueensland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane
Anyone have a fix? Keeps saying I have the latest software even though it's 2.1. The beta profile is installed on both devices, battery is charged above 50%. I have restored the phone many times also with no luck. Tried different phones. Tried to unenroll then reenroll in the public beta. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question or I'm missing a thread that has a solution. Cheers

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Anyone have a fix? Keeps saying I have the latest software even though it's 2.1. The beta profile is installed on both devices, battery is charged above 50%. I have restored the phone many times also with no luck. Tried different phones. Tried to unenroll then reenroll in the public beta. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question or I'm missing a thread that has a solution. Cheers
There is no watch public beta.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
To elaborate, my understanding is that there is no way to downgrade a Watch that has issues with the beta. So, they have made it unavailable to the public. Developers presumably have test bed Watches. I'm sure its still a pain for them if they brick it, but that is a risk they understand more than the general public would.

Sunnyqueensland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane
So they turned the watch public beta off your saying? My other Watch is on 2.2 PB

It also wouldn't be possible to download the public beta profile for the watch if it didn't exist. :/

Last edited:

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
So they turned the watch public beta off your saying? My other Watch is on 2.2 PB

It also wouldn't be possible to download the public beta profile for the watch if it didn't exist. :/

It's a beta, but not a public beta. Never had a public beta for the AW. It was regular beta all along for developers, and yes anyone can download it by signing up as one, as you did.

Beta iOS for iPhone, on the other hand, is a public beta.

Sunnyqueensland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane
image.png
It's a beta, but not a public beta. Never had a public beta for the AW. It was regular beta all along for developers, and yes anyone can download it by signing up as one, as you did.

Beta iOS for iPhone, on the other hand, is a public beta.

That's what I'm getting at. I'm not a dev, I downloaded the public beta for the watch already. :0

Reactions: Bennyh

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
That is just what it says when you install the profile. However you can't install the :apple:Watch beta unless you are a paid developer.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
That is just what it says when you install the profile. However you can't install the :apple:Watch beta unless you are a paid developer.
Is that like ripping off the mattress sticker because I have the dev betas and never paid a thing. :) so easy to find online.

I am a rebel and don't mind risking my watch crashing and burning.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Is that like ripping off the mattress sticker because I have the dev betas and never paid a thing. :) so easy to find online.

I am a rebel and don't mind risking my watch crashing and burning.
Mattress tag removal is a myth. The legal warning label is directed towards the seller. The end use can do as they wish and remove any tags and will be in compliance with all laws. This old wives' tale just won't die. However software (intellectual property) is covered by copyright law and it is technically illegal to violate the terms of the copyright holder.

Is Apple likely to do anything or take any action? Extremely doubtful but still a legality.

Last edited:

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Mattress tag removal is a myth. The legal warning label is directed towards the seller. The end use can do as they wish and remove any tags and will be in compliance with all laws. This old wives' tale just won't die. However software (intellectual property) is covered by copyright law and it is technically illegal to violate the terms of the copyright holder.

Is Apple likely to do anything or take any action? Extremely doubtful but still a legality.
Hope you knew I was kidding about the mattress but you are very right about the software. my sarcasm was bad I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.