Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RayBir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Sweden
Hi, i'm totally new here, did a search, even on the internet - found no solutions that work:

I have Mojave 10.14.3 and am trying to get iTunes to work connecting to my iPad (ver 12.1.4) vi WiFi or direct via cable.

I get the message that i need to download an update etc.
But tells me the software update is not available on the server !?
(I have included a screen shot)

I had no problems before updating Mojave.

Now i cannot use iTunes at all to connect to my iPad.

I even tried to adjust the "hosts" file as suggested somewhere - no luck.
I even tried downloading Xcode - no luck.

Mojave is updated to the full as is my iPad.

Any help please?

1043816040.png

RayBir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Sweden
I have a similar message for my phone but it only shows up every few connections to iTunes and it never affects the connection.

Is it a cellular iPad? It could be related to carrier updates.

This says you can also try a different cable: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8464414

Thank you very much!
That thing with the cable seems to be the trouble.
As i don't have another cable, i connected the USB end to a "USB Hub" i have - and hej presto, it worked!

There might be a problem with the cable i have, so will check that out at a later date. Untill then, i'm gonna upload all i can to my iPad while i can :)

Consider my issue solved :cool: and many thanks for the help.

RayBir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2019
Sweden
Well, i thought that my issue was 100% solved, but it isnt quite! Everything works just fine "with" the cable connected, however, i cannot sync via WiFi? Which i thought was the whole point?
I start iTunes on my computer, but it dosn't see my iPad - when i connect the cable however, it recognises my iPad straight away.
So this means i have to connect via cable "everytime"! Annoying, to say the least.

Ignore this post, my bad!
I had to tell iTunes as well - grr - i am so silly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.