Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
Today i wanted to upload all of my photos from my 12PM (iOS 14.4.1) to iCloud, but i keep getting this message :

icloud restore in progress icloud photos will begin syncing when this device has finished restoring from backup
For more than 1 day.

Have to mention that:
  • iCloud photos toggle ON (also tried to toggle OFF and then ON)
  • Upload to my photo stream toggle ON
  • iCloud 200gb free
  • in iCloud Backup tab ->no restore is in progress
  • tried to reboot
  • tried to log out from AppleID and log in again
Nothing worked. Any info/idea?

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Yes, it seems like is the only variant. Despite of the fact that i have the phone for 1 year, iOS was not updated since iOS14.4.1 and a restore was never made.
Any update on this? I’m having the same issue and I’m inclined to just give up and store my photos in another cloud service.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup should have an option to cancel/quit the restore from backup.

Assuming all other data seems to have been restored, you can use that option to end the restore. After that, Photos syncing should startup soon afterwards, assuming you're connected to wifi and charger.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2015
As i stated in the first post, no iCloud backup is restoring. I dont even have one.
How i fixed it? By restoring it as a new iPhone. But now "For you" tab inside Photos app displays "No content". I have many photos and it's been more than a week since that restore. I cant get rid of this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.