Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Hello bit of a situation. My Canon EOS 350D DSLR doesnt seem to want to mount?? It works fine under its own software, namely the Canon Image Browser but doesnt seem to show up a clickable icon on my Mac mini. My Sony Cybershot U seems to work fine. I have a Sandisk CFII card inside it. How do I get my Mac to recognise it?

Thanks

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
edesignuk said:
My 350D has never mounted as a disk, only ever accessed it through iPhoto :confused:
Oh man! Why is that? I dont really use iphoto, think I better start using it then??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
You can get USB card readers that you can put the memory card into for about $20 US, then it will mount on the desktop. :)

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
OutThere said:
You can get USB card readers that you can put the memory card into for about $20 US, then it will mount on the desktop. :)
woohoo!! Now just have to find one that looks as nice as my mini! :D

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
On iphoto using the Canon does anyone know how I "eject or unmount" the camera before I plug it out and turn it off? It constantly says BUSY and if you turn if off when its in this state you can damage the Sandisk CFII right? :confused:

rogerw

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2004
west sussex UK
rossoUK said:
On iphoto using the Canon does anyone know how I "eject or unmount" the camera before I plug it out and turn it off? It constantly says BUSY and if you turn if off when its in this state you can damage the Sandisk CFII right? :confused:

on my one - 300d - i just switch off the camera and unplug the usb cable. no problems and no warnings.

(using panther, if that makes any difference)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.