Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I have a relatively new Canon Pixma G6020 printer that had been working fine, but for the past two days it has been mostly just spitting out blank pages without even attempting to print (the print heads don't move, and it doesn't take time trying to print, it just slides the page out). This happened first in Chrome, but now happens in Pages and Preview, and with PDFs and PNGs in Safari, but a regular webpage did print properly from Safari. Below are the steps I've tried and my configuration:
  • Removed and re-added printer (plugged in via USB)
  • Removed and re-added printer (via AirPrint with USB disconnected)
  • Removed and re-added printer via IP address as IPP and as LPD, neither processed the file at all
  • Reset printing system and re-added printer in each way above
  • Check for updates to system and printer (all are up to date, firmware, software, and drivers)

This is happening on an M1 Mac mini running macOS Monterey 12.6, and the driver version for the Canon is 3.0 (it's an AirPrint printer, so it was loaded automatically). The printer's firmware version is 1.040. Ask if there's any other information that would be helpful!

Additional info: Some documents at least are giving an error in the printer queue that says "Stopped - 'Reading pixels' failed", but the situations I'm finding online that relate to that don't apply (not large images, not currency, etc).

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Have you tried installing Canon's driver on their website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.