Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotsboi77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
London, UK
My friend has an ibook G4 running OS X 10.4.11 on tiger

I just tried connecting her canon 750 to download pictures and it is not recognised. I've read ppl suggestions of a card reader - which is fine but i want the connection to work before researching a card reader and would be interested in anyone who has also had this problem and had it resolved!!!

I've reinstalled the software that came with the camera; i know the usb port works as i've plugged other devices into it. I have a macbook pro - it all seemed to work fine on his but not on hers - and I even tried importing software from my macbook onto her ibook but the camera is still not recognised - and it is really strange how it has happened all of a sudden. I've also repaired the disk permissions to see if that worked..but is easily as it once started - nothing!!

Has this happened to anyone? As it all works on my macbook pro - its not th camera nor the usb cable/or port...i am flummoxed!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.