Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Windows friends.

On Windows 11 PC, not Windows Boot Camp (latest build, latest updates), after I've done three deep cleaning, alignment, test prints and nozzle check to the Canon Pixma MP280 with original ink/s (bought from Canon's official store), whenever I print a one whole Letter size page of pure yellow and pure magenta, it prints pure green instead of pure yellow and pure violet instead of pure magenta.

The pure cyan (blue) and pure black print perfectly. Is this a Windows 11 bug? What could be the fix?

Thank you.

God bless, Rev. 21:4

P.S. I've also consulted on Canon USA's forums.

sgtaylor5

Contributor
Aug 6, 2017
Cheney, WA, USA
Totally uninstall the Canon drivers and applications.
Reboot.
Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Delete all Canon folders wherever you find them (Program Files and its Common Files folder, Program Files (x86) and its Common Files folder, ProgramData, Users\User folder\AppData\Local and Users\User folder\AppData\Local\Roaming.
Reboot.
Run CCleaner Portable from PortableApps.com, registry only, as many times as necessary until there's non-removable entries. Don't worry about non-removable entries.
Reboot again
Reinstall the drivers.
Test.

I've never heard of Windows being the problem, unless you have another inkjet printer that has the same problem. Probably that specific printer, if it isn't the drivers.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Totally uninstall the Canon drivers and applications.
Reboot.
Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Delete all Canon folders wherever you find them (Program Files and its Common Files folder, Program Files (x86) and its Common Files folder, ProgramData, Users\User folder\AppData\Local and Users\User folder\AppData\Local\Roaming.
Reboot.
Run CCleaner Portable from PortableApps.com, registry only, as many times as necessary until there's non-removable entries. Don't worry about non-removable entries.
Reboot again
Reinstall the drivers.
Test.

I've never heard of Windows being the problem, unless you have another inkjet printer that has the same problem. Probably that specific printer, if it isn't the drivers.

Hope this helps.
Hi. I watched some Canon troubleshooting and Deep Cleaned it 5x to 9x, I've managed to bring out the cyan but pure yellow is still not coming out and it's still printing as light green. I'll continue 'Deep Cleaning' as soon as the Black ink arrives (this is a CISS system) coz' all that cleaning have lowered my already low black ink level (will risk having bubbles on the black tubing.

I think when it detects one color is not working it substitutes it with another color. Though I don't get why magenta becomes violet before when violet is a mixture of red/magenta & blue/cyan and green is a mixture of yellow & blue/cyan. I don't think the inks are mixing at the printhead (not blotches or smudges).

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
It seems the ink chambers, the blue contaminated the magenta and yellow in the cartridge. The dense sponges for the color can be cleaned but I have another tri color cartridge. It'll require opening the cartridge to clean with warm, distilled water preferable. Next printer, I'll mostly buy the more pro printer w/ all pigment inks with more separate cyan, magenta and blue and also print bigger stuff.

God bless, Rev. 21:4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.