Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
My brother is teetering between getting a Mac Mini to use his Canopus ADVC 110. He's been rather unhappy with its performance using Windows software to manage it. (WinDV/Ulead)

He uses it to convert VHS tapes to DVD and it does that VERY well. It's just that when it comes to recording off of his DVR he complains about the video quality. (It looks fine on his TV.) His current PC (Athlon XP 3000, 512 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM) is a nice little computer and it serves him very well.

I'm going to have him bring it over to test out on my iMac G5 and I'd like to know if anyone else has any experience with Canopus hardware on the Mac.

I've already played with his source DV video in iDVD and there's quite a bit of pixilation given that it's 2 GB for 10 minutes of video. :eek:

I'm also interested in getting Popcorn 2 since I just want to encode video files to DVD without the menu work that iDVD does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.