Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eholman1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Hi,

I am looking for an analog-digital converter to use with home movies from 10-12 years ago from an analog camcorder.

I am deciding between the advc-55 and the advc-100. I have read that both of them are excellent with good source material. However, I am worried that with my older movies, that there will be a noticable difference in quality in the transference to digital.

Can anyone comment on the difference between these two in this respect? Or any other that you think is important (as I may use this for the long-run for other types of projects)?

Thanks so much.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I would go with the ADVC-100 because of the locked audio feature. This is the model I use to do the same thing you want to do. I've never had any problems and it works fine with Final Cut Express. If you use Norton System Works,be sure to turn it before trying to "capture" video. There's some kind of conflict caused by Norton that will freeze your system.

Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.