Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
USA
I've got a Magic Keyboard at home, and I was thinking about it trying it for a while with my 11 IPP instead of the ASK. I've been looking at cases, and it appears that the canopy case by Studio Neat is my best (possibly only) case to keep all of this together.

Have you used the canopy case before? Any thoughts on usability, etc? I thank you in advance!

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT
The only thing I don’t like about the Canopy (and the Fintie which does the same thing) is when you put it in stand mode and put your iPad up against the keyboard, the bottom of it kind of presses against the keyboard. If you use the Smart Folio like me, this makes me wonder if there’s a risk of damaging the side or front glass over time. Because of this, I’ve opted to use them as two separate pieces instead - iPad w/folio in stand mode, and keyboard cover flipped back in front of it. I’m not sure if the Canopy is capable of doing this.

Reactions: Porterhouse

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
USA
The only thing I don’t like about the Canopy (and the Fintie which does the same thing) is when you put it in stand mode and put your iPad up against the keyboard, the bottom of it kind of presses against the keyboard. If you use the Smart Folio like me, this makes me wonder if there’s a risk of damaging the side or front glass over time. Because of this, I’ve opted to use them as two separate pieces instead - iPad w/folio in stand mode, and keyboard cover flipped back in front of it. I’m not sure if the Canopy is capable of doing this.

That makes sense and was very helpful.

I remember your post from the other thread; I ordered the Fintie yesterday to give it a try. I don’t hate the ASK; I just want to try all of the options. Since I have a Magic Keyboard already, I might as well see if it works!

Reactions: Silver Idaten

Silver Idaten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2015
Stratford, CT
That makes sense and was very helpful.

I remember your post from the other thread; I ordered the Fintie yesterday to give it a try. I don’t hate the ASK; I just want to try all of the options. Since I have a Magic Keyboard already, I might as well see if it works!
The cool thing about the Fintie is that you can get around this by just folding back the flap and securing the magnetic buckles behind it. Then take your iPad in a Smart Folio (or any case really but the Smart Folio seems the most secure in the back) and put it in stand mode. Boom, problem solved. I don’t have the Canopy but it doesn’t look like it can fold back.

Reactions: Porterhouse

weedevil

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2017
pleasantly surprised that the length of canopy keyboard folio I bought for my iPad Pro 10.5 exactly matches that of iPad Pro 12.9 2018

Attachments

• IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.