Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I’ve run into an issue where I can no longer add any new accessories, I have maybe a dozen to 15 accessories connected now and they all work. However, a few weeks ago, I bought an eve flare and tried to add it without luck . I finally sent it back just thinking it was something wrong with the accessory. Then I decided to get a Aqara camera and same thing happens with it. The accessory cannot be added. I have rebooted, all my HomePods my Apple TV. I have rebooted my phone and made sure everything is up to the latest version but the accessories still will not connect. Also, all the HomePod and Apple TV and phone are on the same Wi-Fi network. I am at a loss. I even tried to add the accessory using my iPad instead of my new iPhone 15 Pro Max, running the iOS beta software, but it would not add it to HomeKit either. Don’t know what else to try. Any ideas or similar experiences?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
it's not showing up when you click the + and add accessory at the top?
or it's there and won't add once you click it?

Try rebooting your router and any network/wifi gear. Homekit relies on network broadcasts to work, sometimes routers can get bogged down with those. More likely to be an issue with routers from your provider, but it can happen on more advanced models too.

when rebooting for homekit, it sometimes helps to unplug all of your hubs at the same time before turning back on, forces everyone to check in with apple to make sure they're correct.

make sure things aren't going to the default room, you may need to select it from the menu in the top right to open the room to see it. you can block things from showing on the main screen, but they'll always show in their assigned room.

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
I’ve run into an issue where I can no longer add any new accessories, I have maybe a dozen to 15 accessories connected now and they all work. However, a few weeks ago, I bought an eve flare and tried to add it without luck . I finally sent it back just thinking it was something wrong with the accessory. Then I decided to get a Aqara camera and same thing happens with it. The accessory cannot be added. I have rebooted, all my HomePods my Apple TV. I have rebooted my phone and made sure everything is up to the latest version but the accessories still will not connect. Also, all the HomePod and Apple TV and phone are on the same Wi-Fi network. I am at a loss. I even tried to add the accessory using my iPad instead of my new iPhone 15 Pro Max, running the iOS beta software, but it would not add it to HomeKit either. Don’t know what else to try. Any ideas or similar experiences?
Did you ever figure it out? I'm in the exact same boat. Basically word for word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.