Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcemail

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Bought a used 5th gen nano but can't music added with iTunes. iTunes sees it and will let me start adding music but on the first or second album one of the songs will get stuck and iTunes will freeze. Had to force close, unplug the iPod and try again. Sometimes the iPod would have some songs, but sometimes it would just say "no music". Once it said "The iPod cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified".
Anything else I can try? iPod and iTunes software are up to date. Do I need to reset it or something first?
Thanks!

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Always worth restoring it when issues arise, especially with a used iPod. Restore it using iTunes, and then try syncing it, see if that works.

Reactions: bcemail

bcemail

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Always worth restoring it when issues arise, especially with a used iPod. Restore it using iTunes, and then try syncing it, see if that works.

Thanks I restored it and seems to be working. I think I wasn't giving it enough time to sync, forgetting it wouldn't be as fast as my iPhone (it is 10 years old after all). Once I gave it a minute or worked fine. Did have to restore in order to get rid of that error message but the restore was really quick. Thanks!

Reactions: Slix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.