Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibs213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
I have a feeling it's a conflict with the NVIDIA driver but I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this?

It's not the adaptive brightness, I've already got that unticked.

The brightness bar moves, however the brightness stays the same.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have a feeling it's a conflict with the NVIDIA driver but I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this?

It's not the adaptive brightness, I've already got that unticked.

The brightness bar moves, however the brightness stays the same.

Are you running the latest version of Boot Camp? Have you run Windows update? On my MacBook Pro, the Boot Camp drivers were out of date and Windows supplied updated video drivers.

bibs213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Are you running the latest version of Boot Camp? Have you run Windows update? On my MacBook Pro, the Boot Camp drivers were out of date and Windows supplied updated video drivers.

I am running the latest version, unless something new came out today

bibs213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
Ok I Solved the issue: I had to download an older driver & now my problem is fixed.

-You can download older drivers from the Nvidia website
-The last working driver to work properly is 378.92

-To fully clean my graphics settings I downloaded & used 'Display Driver Uninstaller'

bibs213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2012
So my situation is still resolved, however my driver seems to have updated to 382.05 & it's now working. (Geforce experience not installed).

-This driver wasn't working before, anything above 378.92 was giving me issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.