Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeadstrongZodiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Hello all

I recently bought an ssd to replace the slow HDD in my MP 3,1. However, I'm running off of dosdude1's patcher for HIgh Sierra, and I can't boot into recovery mode. My plan is to flash a gtx 680 for my mac to install Monterey via Opencore, and put Monterey on the SSD. But since I can't clone the SSD in recovery mode, how do I go about this?

Thanks to any who can help, i'm new to this and I am stumped

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Are you using an Apple keyboard? You may need a keyboard which sends the proper key signal. Some generic PC keyboards won't work.

HeadstrongZodiac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Are you using an Apple keyboard? You may need a keyboard which sends the proper key signal. Some generic PC keyboards won't work.
I'm using a wired apple keyboard. At the moment i'm going for a clean install of El Capitan, and I'll deal with that until I'm able to get the GTX 680 in the mac.

sfalatko

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2016
You may not have a recovery partition. Check via terminal and do a "diskutil list" command to see what the partition structure of your boot drive is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.