Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peepish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
My iMac (OS Mavericks) DVD burner now returns the error 0x8002006E and cannot write to a disc. How can I fix this?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
How much free space do you have on your system drive? This can sometimes cause an issue when burning if you have limited space.

The other option that normally resolves the issue is deleting the finder preferences fie.

Have a look at this article which walks you through the process:

Last edited:

Peepish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
How much free space do you have on your system drive? This can sometimes cause an issue when burning if you have limited space.

The other option that normally resolves the issue is deleting the find preferences fie.

Have a look at this article which walks you through the process:

Have currently 380 G of free space. So that is not the issue.

Peepish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
My iMac currently has 380G of free space. So that is not the issue. Really hope someone out there has the answer to this problem. PLEASE.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
My iMac currently has 380G of free space. So that is not the issue. Really hope someone out there has the answer to this problem. PLEASE.
Did you also follow the article to delete the finder preferences?

Peepish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2021
Did you also follow the article to delete the finder preferences?
Found no com.apple.finder.plist in the Preferences folder. I did manage to trash them however.
After re-booting I could tell that the finder preferences got trashed. Had to reset my settings.

NOTE: I tried burning the DVD after that and still the same codes. So neither of the ideas above solved the problem. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.