Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sym0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
So updated to ios11 and went to rent a movie on my 6s and a message comes up that I have to have the TV App installed and links me to the App Store. There is a grey text box at the top of the TV App page that says the app is not available on this devise with no get button.

WTF is going on? I literally can’t give Apple my money and getting shunted around in circles.

Sym0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
7a30edb50a46fc7edcb4f126d14cd570.png
fbe3b0a81d0c70ad67a6cc43a1ac81b4.png

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada

I have his same issue. I did have the TV app but inadvertently deleted it since I had thought it was for Apple TV. I didn’t know it was the Videos replacement. I can however download the Videos app. It still shows my old purchased movies but have not tried to purchase new ones yet. I get that same message if I try to download the TV app again. The old videos app doesn’t work either I just tried. It downloads no problem but if I click store it goes to iTunes Store and if I try to purchase a movie same thing.... says I need TV app but I can’t download the TV app.

Last edited:

Sym0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
I fixed it. I had GM installed and I suspect there was a release of the TV App regionally on ios11 day, since I had it early it didn’t work right.

I did a full erase and reset and restored from backup and it’s all fine now.

I also removed the beta profile.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
I fixed it. I had GM installed and I suspect there was a release of the TV App regionally on ios11 day, since I had it early it didn’t work right.

I did a full erase and reset and restored from backup and it’s all fine now.

I also removed the beta profile.

I don’t have the GM... was never part of Beta (for this at least). So not sure what my issue is. I really dont want to do a restore as that means downloading all the iCloud photos etc again :(

Sym0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
I don’t have the GM... was never part of Beta (for this at least). So not sure what my issue is. I really dont want to do a restore as that means downloading all the iCloud photos etc again :(

That’s why I don’t use photos. Al mine are with Google (formally Picasa) and I still ha e every single photo I ever took from the year 2000.

Before Google photos I used to download my phone like a camera regularly with folder by date and let Picasa back it up.

Now it happens in real time straight off the phone so the download is only to keep a hard copy on my NAS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.