Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muzikman54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
I just recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and I'm loving it so far. However, before I installed Mtn Lion I had a custom dock installed. I used Mirage to make the dock invisible with only the icons remaining. I forgot to turn Mirage off before upgrading and now my dock is stuck with a bezel around it as if it was on the side of the screen. No matter what I do I can not put it back to a standard dock. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.57.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.57.16 AM.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:

Pndrgnsvc

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2008
Georgetown, Texas
You might try installing TransDock X: http://www.nothinggoes.com/transdockx/

TransDock X replaces the ML dock with a transparent one. And can restore the dock to the default, should you choose. But what it will do with the dock created with Mirage, I dunno.

Perhaps it's worth a try, but I strongly suggest first having a valid backup.

Whatever happens, please post your results.

muzikman54

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Believe it or not, I downloaded TransDock X and decided to click on Undo TransDock and it worked! HA! Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 10.20.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 10.20.07 AM.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 690

Victor1CC1

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2012
Hmm, that's the 2D Dock that I use all the time O-o weird... You can activate/deactivate it using terminal. Type in, defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO to disable it. Then after you're done, type in, killall Dock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.