Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Murray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2020
I flashed my rom yesterday but now I get the following error when I try to change the startup disk to bootcamp:

The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk​

The only way I can boot into windows now is if I take out any Hard drives that are formatted for mac os. The Windows SSD still works fine as long as there are no mac drives in the computer, but I would prefer not to have to open up the computer and remove the mac drive every time I want to boot into windows.

It was booting into windows fine before I flashed the rom, and I have flashed the rom a few other times and haven't had this issue. I'm not sure why it's happening this time. I don't think it's the windows HD because it works fine when I take out my mac formatted drives. I am using a 2009 Mac Pro (flashed to 5,1) that has Mojave installed on an nvme drive plugged into a pci slot and windows installed on a SSD.

James Murray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2020
I think I just resolved the issue. All I had to do was reset the pRAM. No reinstall necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.