Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzohar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
So it turns out that if you have more than one Lock Screen and choose any of them besides the first one, it will automatically revert to the first one every time you switch focus on or off. This is crazy. I honestly thought the whole point of being able to create different lock screens would be to be able to switch between them freely? Why would turning focus modes on or off switch you back to the default Lock Screen every time??

The reason this bothers me is this: I created a separate Lock Screen with a darker wallpaper for dark mode, since iOS 16 no longer supports automatic dark mode wallpapers (which is ALSO really annoying). So I thought this way I could at least switch to the darker one in the evening. But unfortunately, every time I get in my car and it turns on driving focus my wallpaper switches back to the light one. Same for if it switches to sleep mode. Or when I go to work, or leave work. Or even if I just turn on do not disturb. It just switches back to the first Lock Screen.

I gotta be honest, the implementation here is baffling. I was really excited for iOS 16 but so far I’m finding a lot of little details to make absolutely no sense.

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
Interesting that there aren’t more complains about this—or maybe yours is just the first I found. Anyway, I’m having the same issue and even 16.1 did not change that. Why isn’t this being addressed..?

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
So it turns out that if you have more than one Lock Screen and choose any of them besides the first one, it will automatically revert to the first one every time you switch focus on or off. This is crazy. I honestly thought the whole point of being able to create different lock screens would be to be able to switch between them freely? Why would turning focus modes on or off switch you back to the default Lock Screen every time??

The reason this bothers me is this: I created a separate Lock Screen with a darker wallpaper for dark mode, since iOS 16 no longer supports automatic dark mode wallpapers (which is ALSO really annoying). So I thought this way I could at least switch to the darker one in the evening. But unfortunately, every time I get in my car and it turns on driving focus my wallpaper switches back to the light one. Same for if it switches to sleep mode. Or when I go to work, or leave work. Or even if I just turn on do not disturb. It just switches back to the first Lock Screen.

I gotta be honest, the implementation here is baffling. I was really excited for iOS 16 but so far I’m finding a lot of little details to make absolutely no sense.

I'm not getting any of these issues on my 13 Pro on iOS 16.1 (no issues on 16.0 neither).

I have one default Lockscreen.

I then have a Lockscreen paired for Driving, Sleep, Work at Home, Work at the Office and one or 2 others. These are all automated. When the relevant Focus turns on, the corresponding Lockscreen also turns on. When its then time for the Focus to turn off, the original default Lockscreen returns.

Shoju

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2014
Berlin
I'm not getting any of these issues on my 13 Pro on iOS 16.1 (no issues on 16.0 neither).

I have one default Lockscreen.

I then have a Lockscreen paired for Driving, Sleep, Work at Home, Work at the Office and one or 2 others. These are all automated. When the relevant Focus turns on, the corresponding Lockscreen also turns on. When its then time for the Focus to turn off, the original default Lockscreen returns.
Thanks for the info on your experience! It seems this is an issue for anyone having more than one default Lock Screen then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.