Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I would like to buy a new 13” macbook, as my current MBP (2017) has several issues that I believe are not really worth fixing and I don’t know if I should wait for the new M1 MBP or buy a 2020 M1 MBA. I would use it for iOS development only basically, but my issue is this. The current M1 macbook pros have touch bar (which I despise) and I believe only the high-end models will get an upgrade this year, right? Those are way too expensive for me if that’s the case. And based on the renders of the new MBA that Jon Prosser posted a few days ago, I don’t like the design of it (no space gray, white bezels, white keyboard, etc) so I’d definitely not get one of those, thus if I were to get the MBA, the only option for me would be the 2020 M1 MBA. So my question is, should I get the 2020 M1 MBA or hope for a lower-end M1 MBP upgrade for this year? Those were updated last spring I believe, so that seems unlikely to happen... I really don’t know, I would greatly appreciate you guys’ insight, thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.