Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainyday1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2021
Hi,

So i downloaded nox app player on my mac. i downloaded it from the installer and accepted the terms of use, but stopped before actually allowing control in the security & privacy settings tab in system preferences. basically i never 'used' the app in a sense, it never went past 99% loading screen, idk if this means some stuff didn't get downloaded or if it means nothing.

i wanted to delete it, so i followed directions on a thread here to manually find and delete files. i think i found most of it? except i can't delete two files, both named 'nox.pm'. both are perl files. ive tried:

dragging to trashbin & rightclick move to trash -> files wont go there/ no option to move them there.
opening terminal and using sudo rm -rf filename -> says i don't have access (im on admin user)
using sudo rm -rf on the entire perl folder -> says i don't have access (cant drag folder to trash either)
using sudo chown -RN filename -> illegal option error
using sudo chown -RN perl folder -> illegal option
deleting mac user -> showed up on new user when icloud account was linked

in security & privacy, it says 'system software from developer oracle america, inc. has been updated' with a button to allow it. idk how to uninstall the software or where it even is. i havent clicked 'allow' tho.

at this point, idk if i need to enable root user. idk if it would even allow me to delete it then cause im guessing that nox is still influencing some part of my computer, but idk where or how to find it. im a total noob at this, and what ive read says that enabling root user is risky? so idk if i should do it, but im at a loss as to what i should do. ive been searching for hours and trying everything i find (within reason) but nothing works.

any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks

also idk how to tag stuff sorry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.