Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scoot65

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
England, United Kingdom
I've recently upgraded to iPhone 6s (64GB) and have transferred my photo library to it. I've discovered that any picture that was already in Photos and subsequently transferred to the iPhone cannot be deleted from the phone. If I select a picture, there is no trash can to select. These pictures were originally taken by a camara and imported into the Photos app. Any picture that was taken by the phone does have the trash available if selected.

Any ideas how I can select individual (imported) pictures and delete them from the phone?

Forgot to say, I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and iTunes 12.6.

Last edited:

Scoot65

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
England, United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. I've had a read throught the link that posted and can't see where it mentions iTunes for windows.
I forgot the say the that I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and iTunes 12.6

Thanks again.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
For that old an OS, iTunes. More recent MacOS use Finder to do syncs (which the link was for). iTunes, these days, is only supported on Windows.

Though this is for Windows, this is how it would work for iTunes on old MacOS.

Reactions: Scoot65

Scoot65

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
England, United Kingdom
For that old an OS, iTunes. More recent MacOS use Finder to do syncs (which the link was for). iTunes, these days, is only supported on Windows.

Though this is for Windows, this is how it would work for iTunes on old MacOS.

Thanks for that link. Looks like the last section "remove automatically synced items...." I'll go through the pictures and decide which ones to have stored locally on the 'phone and then do as the article instructs.

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.